In preparation for the 2022-2023 school year, the Board of Education is seeking the cooperation of parents/guardians in registering their child for Kindergarten. Pre-registration is requested in order to provide the School District Administration the time to plan staffing to meet school needs.
It is important that parents/guardians take note of the specific registration deadlines and contact their in-catchment school to make an appointment to receive the required registration forms. Inquiries regarding catchment areas should be directed to the school of choice.
BY APPOINTMENT ONLY:
REGISTRATION FOR KINDERGARTEN WILL BE HELD
BETWEEN JANUARY 19, 2022 AND FEBRUARY 25, 2022
School and contact information is available by accessing the following links:
Kindergarten Registration and Confirmation:
- The school district will make every effort to place students who have registered by February 25, 2022 in their catchment area school. Students registering after February 25, 2022 may not be granted place in their catchment area school.
- Applications received after February 25, 2022 will have to wait until school staffing is complete before receiving status of school enrollment. Wait-listed in-catchment students may be moved as soon as space is available. Wait-listed in-catchment students will be notified of their status for the school year as soon as possible or by the first Friday following school openings.
Cross Boundary Applications and Confirmations:
- By February 25, 2022, parents/guardians must first register at their catchment area school (by appointment only), then complete a Cross Boundary Application for their school of choice. The catchment area school will forward the Cross Boundary Application to the school of choice.
- Please note: Effective the 2022-2023 school year, Cross Boundary Applications to Uplands Elementary School will be restricted to children with a sibling currently enrolled in the school. Cross Boundary Applications, otherwise, will not be accepted for Uplands Elementary School. For your information, we provide a link to the Backgrounder on this decision:
- Confirmation of Cross Boundary Applications will be provided by the first Friday following school opening, or as soon as possible following this date, pending staff allocations and school configurations. Parents/guardians applying for cross boundary status are advised the decision related to Cross Boundary Applications may not be decided until the first week of school in the 2022-2023 school year. Parents/guardians, therefore, must register first at their catchment area school.
To be eligible for entry to school in September 2022 students must be five years of age on or before December 31, 2022. A birth certificate, proof of immunization, a BC Care Card and parent/guardian proof of ordinarily resident will be required at the time of registration.
Acceptable documentation for evidence that parent/guardian is “ordinarily resident”:
- BCMSP (BC CareCard) coverage AND one item from the list of supporting documentation that follows; or
- Valid BC Services Card (replacement for BC CareCard) AND one item from the list of supporting documentation that follows
Supporting documentation for evidence that parent/guardian is “ordinarily resident” (address must match the address listed on the Student’s Registration & Verification Form):
- Provincial Driver’s License
- Document indicating British Columbia resident (i.e. utility bill)
- Proof of ownership of a dwelling or long-term lease or rental of a dwelling
- A current income tax return filed as a BC resident
French Immersion Kindergarten and Grade One:
- A student does not have to be of French origin to enroll in French Immersion.
- Registration for French Immersion Kindergarten and Grade One takes place at Ecole Mountainview, Kildala Elementary School and Majagaleehl Gali Aks Elementary School.
- Registration for French Immersion Grade One is for students presently attending Kindergarten in English, who would like to begin in the French Immersion Program.
Should you require further assistance, please contact Carole Gagnon, Executive Assistant at the Coast Mountains Board of Education Office at (250) 638-4401 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.